Under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, the Employer has a number of duties. They are broken down into twelve different duty sections:
- General duties of Employers
- Information to Employees
- Instruction, Training & Supervision of Employees
- Emergencies and serious and imminent dangers
- Protective and Preventive Measures
- Hazard identification & Risk Assessment
- Safety Statement
- Health Surveillance & Medical fitness to work
- Safety representative
- Employee Consultation
Over the course of the next few posts, we will cover each section in more detail.
If you need help or assistance in managing health, safety and welfare in your workplace, please do not hesitate to contact us.